Join the merchants of Downtown Petoskey for Holiday Open House, the region's premier holiday season event!
Held the first Friday in December (December 7 in 2012), Holiday Open House begins with an appearance by Santa Claus, who flies in to town to light our giant Christmas tree in Pennsylvania Park. After the tree lighting Santa will sit by the tree and listen to children's holiday wishes.
Merchants open their doors to offer warm holiday greetings and hospitality. The streets are filled with merry entertainment by carolers and the Petoskey High School Steel Drum Band. And don't forget to visit the bean pots and enjoy a cup of soup made by the Petoskey Snowmobile Club.
Many Downtown businessess will be offering special in store events. Some of these are listed below:
- Live Well Acupuncture has announced that they will be offering 20% of revenue from appointments booked in December to Brother Dan’s Food Pantry. They are also offering a buy one, get one at 50 percent off on all gift certificates purchased during Holiday Open House, a display of Mary Bea art for sale at discounted prices, and massage giveaways.
- McLean & Eakin Booksellers will have children’s author and illustrator Lynne Rae Perkins signing copies of her new book, Seed by Seed: The Legend and Legacy of Johnny Appleseed from 6-9 p.m. Guitarist John Warstler will be on hand playing his lovely holiday music again this year.
- The Circus Shop will host local author, Jim Hempstead, who will be signing his book for children, “Come, Journey to Bethlehem”. The book is illustrated by Lisa Loyd.
- Grand Traverse Pie Company will give out its traditional free slices of pie.
- Julienne Tomatoes will offer their classic tomato basil soup.
- Stafford’s Perry Hotel will be doing complimentary carved beef sandwiches on the Veranda.
- The Friends of the Petoskey Public Library will be giving away books to children and offer a visit with Santa. They are also hosting a small book sale in the Carnegie Building from 6-9 p.m.
Come downtown and enjoy the smiling faces and Christmas fun with your family with this evening that is a holiday tradition on the first Friday in December every year.